Feliway mimics the calming facial pheromone that cats release when they rub their faces on things. When diffused, it can help cats in the vicinity feel more calm and reduce territorial, stress-related negative behaviors.
This product is also available in a spray, which can be sprayed on furniture or carpet that is being scratched or urinated on by your cat as a deterrent. You can also spray the inside of the cat carrier before transporting your cat in it, to help calm the kitty: Feliway Spray.
Feliway Is Ideal for Helping with the Following Situations:
- Urinating outside the litter box, when it is stress-related
- Scratching inappropriate items
- Easing the stress of moving
- Hiding behavior due to stress
- Aiding cats in handling vet and grooming visits more calmly
- Helping a cat handle the stress of visitors better
If you are looking for help decreasing aggression between the cats in your multi-cat household, consider trying Feline Multicat.
Facts About the Feliway Diffuser:
- Starter kit includes 1 diffuser and a 30-day supply of Feliway. Note: May last a longer or shorter time depending on air flow in the room and ambient temperature.
- Each diffuser covers 700 square feet of open space, and it will not diffuse out of a given room. You may need more than one diffuser depending on your home's layout and square footage.
- Place diffusers in areas where cats spend the most time and where they are engaging in inappropriate behavior, and run them continuously for at least 30 days, then as needed.
- Make sure there is nothing near the outlet you choose to plug the Feliway diffuser into that will obstruct air flow and the diffusion of the pheromone. Don't place the diffuser behind cabinets or couches, where its effects can be blocked or near an open window, where it may just diffuse right out.
- Diffuser heads should be replaced every six months.
- Refills available here: Feliway Diffuser Refill.
Owners typically start to see results from diffusing Feliway in about 7 days.